Hydrotherapy at its Finest
So far, we've only been to three hotspring locations off of the 395, and so far I can say--this one is one of my favorites. My number one reason for loving this location is that these hotsprings are right next to Buckeye Creek, and Buckeye creek is nice and cold especially from the melting snow. The best part about it is that you can jump back and forth between hot and cold, which is the best hydrotherapy nature can offer.
There's also a hotspring at the top, on the hillside, facing Buckeye Creek and the adjacent hot springs down below. This spring was not as warm when we went, but the view was amazing. Really, the view from any of these hotsprings is just aaa-mazing. You're surrounded by trees, rocks, hillside, the sound of cold running water, the sound of the hot water trickling down from small "waterfalls" while you sit in a natural "spa", and scene of snow depending on what time of the year you go.
My final reason for loving this location is--the drive. It's beautiful. You're driving the mountian side, through the mountains, and are surrounded by anything that nature has to offer. We went when there was a few feet of snow, and we were lucky to get through and reach our hotspring haven.
|Creek and hotsprings coexisting
|Hotspring at the top of the hill, looking down at the creek and hotsprings down below.
|We enjoyed our picnic at the springs.
How to get there:
- Click the location link below, and it will direct you to the exact spot on Google maps.
- Check the weather for snow levels. We got lucky when we went, but I heard that not too long after we went, others with good snow tires and chains got stuck, and it cost them a pretty buck to get out.
- Be ready to walk down the hill, about 5 minutes from the parking lot, to get down to the springs.
- Take towels, and warm clothes to keep warm before and after the springs. A backpack is helpful.
- Definitely take water to keep hydrated.
- We took food and ate next to the springs which was nice. Take your picnic or snacks.
- Don't trash the place! Clean up after yourself!
- It may be personal preference, but going during the late winter/early spring months is probably best.
- Enjoy every minute of it all!