Two years ago around this time of the year, Phoenix and I drove around looking for sunflower fields, and we found some that I wrote about on my very first blog. Today's blog is about different sunflower fields we recently stumbled upon, and are really easy to access. In fact you can see them right off the freeway! In fact, we didn't just see sunflowers this time, we saw a ton of people.
That's the downside to easy access, but we were still able to find a spot where we could capture sunflower photos with nobody in the way. In fact everyone "their mommas, and their photographers" were trying to do the same thing. It was actually quite the spectacle.
So where's this spectacle? Well, as we drove down I-80 West towards San Francisco, we saw an exit with a ton of cars parked off the side of the road in the Davis area. People were walking around like they were going to a festival. So I decided to exit, so we could shake our feet off after a long drive, and see if we could capture a few decent photos. We weren't "photo ready", but we got to enjoy the sunflowers and the spectacle that came with it, and we're definitely coming back, maybe with our own photographers too.
|There are "No Trespassing" signs, but nobody seems to care.|
|I was totally unprepared for pictures, so I just took a quick selfie.|
- July is probably the best time for a good sunflower bloom.
- We exited Kidwell Road right off I-80, and parked off the side of the road.
- There's a corn field next to the sunflower field we went to.
- There's a windmill next to the sunflower field we went to.
- There's another beautiful flower garden next to the sunflower field we went to that you might not want to miss.
- Other roads off of I-80 west when driving from Sacramento where we saw sunflower fields were: Pitt School Road, and Meridian/Weber Road. Also these roads didn't seem as populated if you want to keep away from the crowds.
|The corn field right next to the sunflower field.|
|Beautiful Flower garden right next door.|