It's not Saturday today, but we happened to take this stroll on a Saturday. A couple months ago, we were all dressed and ready for church, but we were running late (not surprising). By the time we got in the car and headed towards Sacramento Central Seventh-day Adventist Church, it was too late. So instead I decided we would take a stroll nearby.
There's a bridge adjacent to Sacramento State University that I remember from back in college, so that's where we headed. The Guy West Bridge crosses over the American River and there are pedestrian/bike trails on both sides of the river. I was wearing a skirt and heels, and Phoenix had a collared shirt with black slacks, and his dress shoes. We definitely had the right attire on! Luckily, I had some running shoes in my car trunk, which looked really great with what I was wearing. But I happened not to have extra shoes or clothes for Phoenix this time. However, we were determined to enjoy some time outdoors, so we ventured on to enjoy a stroll over the bridge, and the sights and sounds of nature, while walking the Jedediah Smith Memorial trail.
|Strolling across the bridge from the Sac State side.|
|Looking South on the American River from the bridge. |
|Looking North on the American River from the bridge. |
|Walking back towards the Sac State side. |
|He hates having dirty hands. |
|Steps closer to Sac State parking lot.|
|Mural at Sac State|
- Scroll down on this blog, and click on "location." Once clicked, google maps will come up, and you'll have directions on how to get to the Guy West Bridge.
- We parked on campus in a Sac State parking lot nearby.
- We did not pay for parking, however, you might want to make sure you don't have to pay.
- There's a nice "Sacramento" mural in a parking lot nearby you might want to take a look at.
- The campus store is nearby if you want to buy University gifts or apparel.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing for your stroll, and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature!
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving comments!