Some mornings we're scrambling over what to make for breakfast, and what more synonymous than a quick scramble, better yet, a tofu scramble. Recently I posted a blog titled "Tofutarians" and I thought I'd follow up with a different way to make tofu that's simple and easy. This recipe takes about five minutes, and is sure to satisfy your breakfast needs.
Phoenix and I enjoyed this tofu scramble with fresh peeled tomatoes and cilantro on top, and avocado and toast on the side. The tomatoes and cilantro can also be mixed into the scramble versus put as a topping, but sometimes I prefer to preserve the freshness. Also it makes it easier for Phoenix to pick out the items he doesn't like, if I put them on top versus mixed into the scramble. Additionally, the options of what you can put into your scramble are endless and may include and are not limited to: mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, jalapeños, etc. Use what you want or scramble for what you have for this quick easy recipe and enjoy! Phoenix and I did!
Tofu Scramble Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (add as needed depending in dryness of tofu)
- 1- 14 oz package of firm tofu
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Turmeric to taste (Enough to give your tofu that yellow coloring.)
- 1 tomato peeled and diced
5 Minute Tofu Scramble Recipe-
- A couple of cilantro sprigs washed and chopped
1. Put stovetop on high and slowly reduce to medium-high within the 5 minutes of cooking.
2. Oil your pan.
3. Use your hands and crumble the 14 oz tofu square into the pan.
4. Add salt, pepper, and turmeric to taste.
5. You'll notice the tofu starting to dry out. Add a little olive oil as needed when this happens.
6. In about 5 minutes your tofu is done and ready to serve. Always taste to make sure you have enough salt, but not too much.
7. Top with fresh tomatoes and cilantro, and enjoy!